The Mini Millers program offers a developmental house-league baseball program to the Minneapolis community for players in grades 2-4.
Mini Millers is a stepping stone program to help younger players develop their baseball skills and knowledge in the hopes of becoming competitive travel baseball players.
Mini Millers may be the right fit for you and your player if...
- your player likes baseball and they're just getting started
- your player likes baseball but isn't ready for a Travel Team, yet
- your family isn't quite ready for the more rigorous schedule the Travel Program brings
Mini Millers participate in up to 4 scheduled events each week ranging from practices, games, and other baseball-related events.
- 2 preseason skill-building clinics will be held on Sunday, April 18 and Sunday, April 25 from 12-4 pm at Rod Carew Field in NE Minneapolis. Registered players will receive an individual time slot via email in April.
- 1 evaluation - The goal of the evaluation process is to balance teams during the formation process. Details are TBD but targeted for May 1st, so please save the date.
- Minis is way more fun with friends! Refer a friend and get entered to win a novelty Miller's cap! Just have your friend mention your player’s name in the “How did you hear about us?” section of registration.
- The final pre-season session will be used for evaluation. Our program is no-cut – everyone who comes will play, but we use the evaluation session to help create balanced teams and to select players for our Mighty-Minis program.
- Friend requests are taken into consideration during team formation. If you have a friend request, please send it directly to email@example.com (yes even for 2021). While we can't guarantee to accommodate every request, history has shown each player who submits at least one request has had one approved.
After Team Formation, Before the Season Begins - Early - Mid May
- 2-3 practices a week
These 1 ½ - 2 hour practices are designed to teach the proper mechanics of throwing, fielding, hitting, catching and pitching.
In-Season - Mid-May - July
- 2-3 baseball events per week. Teams will play 1-2 games each week and practice schedules are at coaches discretion. In-season practices continue to focus on player development while working on game situation play as well.
- Practice times and locations are schedule by each individual coach as it relates to game schedules.
- Games are slated to start the week of Monday, May 17, and will run through mid-July. Specific locations will depend on park availability. Historically, games have been played at Bob Casey Field, Armatage and Phelps Parks but are not limited to those sites. Games run weeknights from mid-May through mid-July with a 15-game schedule. Playoffs begin at the end of the regular season schedule.
- Mini Millers attempts to host a tournament mid-season involving Park Board teams pending the availability of Park Board teams. We will also our “Mini-Millers Midseason Classic,” which is a weekend tournament, which is a weekend tournament, sometime in June.
- Players who are interested and qualified will have the opportunity to represent the Mini Millers in a 10A tournament. Eligibility is determined during pre-season evaluations. The tournament team will have additional practices throughout the summer. This option carries extra cost.
- The Mighty Minis (aka Mini Millers PLUS) is an optional program for kids looking for a little more baseball. Mighty Minis involves some extra practices and a metro-area tournament in June. The cost of Mighty Minis is roughly $75, which covers the tournament and special jersey. Participation in Mighty Minis is by invite only. If your player would like to be considered for Mighty Minis during evaluations and didn’t indicate so in your registration, send a note to our Registrar, Steph Kappel, at Registrar@mplsmillers.org, and she can update your registration.
Uniforms (covered in league fee)
$25 - Clinics and Evaluation Fee payable with the Evaluation Registration
$50 - Commitment Fee payable with the Evaluation Registration
$90 - Remaining Balance due after team formation