2019 Fall Ball
The Minneapolis Youth Baseball Association (MYBA) is pleased once again to offer Fall Ball in 2019. Millers Fall Ball is focused on fun, meeting other players, working as a team, and practicing skills, but most of all, its about playing the game! Although there is less emphasis on competition and results, there are still lots of opportunities for growth -- as players, leaders, young people, and MILLERS!
For this year, Registration is a 2-step process:
1)Provide your player's information HERE.
2) Pay your $75 Fall Ball fee via Paypal , Venmo or by check if you are unable to use online payment.
Here are the details:
- Fall Ball is being managed by our 2019 11AAA team as a fundraiser for their 2020 trip to Cooperstown, which will also include any players who make the team for 2020.
- No prior experience with MYBA is necessary. In fact, we encourage players new to MYBA to participate! So please tell your friends!
- There will be no tryouts and no cuts. Players at all levels of experience and skill are encouraged to join MYBA Fall Ball.
- There will be no levels of play (AAA, AA or A). Instead, teams will be organized so that all teams have a mix of experience and playing levels, resulting in relatively evenly matched teams. (This allows more experienced players to mentor less experienced players and develop their leadership skills, while exposing less experienced players to players and a level of play that will push their understanding and personal development.)
- There will be a 10-game season (weather permitting), consisting of double-headers on SUNDAYS starting on Sunday, September 8.
- All games will be held at Armatage Park. Games will start at 8 am and run through approximately 4 pm. Every attempt will be made to have back-to-back games, although this is not always possible with limited fields and teams.
- Teams will play other MYBA fall ball teams in their age group.
- We expect 2 age groups: (1) 10U/11U, which includes mini-Millers and those who played 10U (at any level) during summer 2019, and (2) 12U/13U, which includes players who played 11U and 12U during summer 2019. However, based on registration numbers, we reserve the right to adjust the final age/level groupings for Fall Ball.
- The cost for the fall ball season is $75 per player. No refunds for inclement weather, scheduling conflicts, planned absences or no-shows. Full payment will be collected online when you register.
- No uniforms will be provided for Fall Ball. Players may wear their Millers uniform for games or simply an orange or blue t-shirt if player does not have a Millers uniform. Baseball pants, protective cup, glove, and baseball hat are required. Batting helmets are strongly encouraged, but if you don't own one you may use a MYBA provided helmet. Plastic cleats are encouraged, but not required.
- Only MBL-approved bats are allowed for Fall Ball. All bats must have the USA baseball sticker on the taper. (Players are NOT required to have their own bat. If you are new to baseball, there is no need to buy a bat just for Fall Ball. There will be plenty of player bats around for your player to use!)
- If your player is interested in trying catcher during Fall Ball, all protective equipment will be provided.
- Team formation will occur the last week of August. You will receive an email from your coach after that point with the game schedule for the full season. It is up to the discretion of the coaches whether to schedule additional practices.
- Full concessions and Millers merchandise will be available for sale every Sunday, weather permitting. There are plans for a “limited edition Millers Fall Ball hat” available for sale, although supplies will be limited.
- Sign-up deadline is Monday, August 26, 2019 at midnight. Late registrations might be accepted, provided there is space on a team, but are not guaranteed and are subject to an additional $25 late sign-up fee.
Fall Ball, concessions & merchandise benefit the 2020 Millers Cooperstown team in their fundraising efforts for Cooperstown. Thank you for your support.